The National Institute of Mental Health reports that 1 in 5 children ages 13-18 have, or will have a serious mental health illness.
- 20% of youth ages 13-18 live with a mental health condition
- 11% of youth have a mood disorder
- 10% of youth have a behavior or conduct disorder
- 8 % of youth have an anxiety disorder
- 37% of students with a mental health condition age 14 and older drop out of school – the highest dropout rate or any disability group
- 70% of youth in state and local juvenile justice systems have a mental illness
- Suicide is the 3rd leading cause of death in youth ages 10-24
What can parents do to help their children;
- Talk with your pediatrician
- Get a referral to a mental health specialist
- Work with the school
- Connect with other families
Please contact us at (407) 803 4717, if you are in the Greater Orlando Area and need some guidance. We are here to serve You!